"The Religion then of every man must be left to the conviction and conscience of every man: and it is the right of every man to exercise it as these may dictate." —James Madison, 1785
The issue of religious liberty is everywhere in the news and current events. The term often emerges alongside hot-button issues like abortion and sexual identity. “Religious liberty” or “religious freedom” is often placed in quotation marks throughout news stories, as if to signify there’s more going on than meets the eye. What is going on? The public discussion of this issue wasn’t always this way; religious liberty used to be fairly uncontroversial. So, what happened?
The RLC believes:
● Religious liberty—the freedom to hold religious beliefs of one’s own choosing and to live in accordance with those beliefs—is an inherent human right. Therefore, the religious liberty of all people of all faiths everywhere must be promoted and defended.
● We will stand with our brothers and sisters in faith to uphold the values and intent of the Founding Fathers, the Constitution of the United States of America, and the first Amendment which clearly states: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”.
We Cherish greatly the God given rights of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
We believe in the declarations of our Founding Fathers that guaranteed us the ability to freely practice our faith without government interference.
If we lose sight of these values, America will cease to be great.
Never before has it been more critical for us to speak out for these values. That is why the Religious Liberty Coalition is here to help. We are committed to protecting all religious liberties: educating, equipping, and mobilizing people of faith and like-minded individuals to be set up for success. The RLC offers protection for our members to be legally shielded as part of our robust national coalition.
Together we will influence public policy and enact legislation that strengthens and promotes religious liberties and freedoms here in the United States of America.
● Tirelessly defend and protect people of faith in all aspects of daily life and societal functions.
● Respect for the sanctity and dignity of life, family, and marriage as the foundations of a free society.
● Education reform that puts children first and teaches of the importance of our faith principles.
● Free markets and free minds to create opportunity for all.
● Victory in the struggle with terrorism and tyranny while supporting our strategic allies, including Israel, both nationally and abroad.
● Mobilize and train people of faith about religious liberties and freedoms.
● Speak out in the public arena and in the media on behalf of Christian values and principles.
● Influence legislation and enact sound public policy at every level of government-focusing on religious liberties and freedoms.
● Train citizens, churches, and organizations for effective civic action.
● Protect and defend our members against bigotry and discrimination.
Advancing a strong Christian legal defense of religious liberty through the submission of amicus briefs in key legal cases. Helping defend those who are under attack from a religious liberties standpoint.
Engaging in public educational work including regularly publishing articles and op-eds in Faith-based and general media, delivering religious liberty workshops, training and speeches to Christian religious institutions and communal organizations, and providing public testimony at government hearings.
Creating networks of Christian volunteer “county patriots” as well as clergy and communal professionals interested in assisting our efforts.
Educating churches and people of faith about religious liberties concerns in the Christian community, training them to assist in this effort, and providing mentorship programs with the opportunity to grow professionally in this fight.
“That the opinions of men are not the object of civil government, nor under its jurisdiction; that to suffer the civil magistrate to intrude his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is a dangerous fallacy, which at once destroys all religious liberty." —Thomas Jefferson, 1779.
We welcome you to join the Religious Liberty Coalition. Now, more than ever, it is crucial to have the protection that is offered by the RLC. For a nominal annual membership fee, you will come under the umbrella of protection of a robust coalition of like-minded believers and legal representation. Email todd.coconato@RLCUS.org
If you have any questions, we would be happy to answer them. Please feel free to call us at 818.470.7963 for more information.
Copyright © 2020 Religious Liberty Coalition - All Rights Reserved.